Working Together in Partnership
The Gospel and Theological Education in the Pacific: Past, Present and Future
Monday 21-Thursday 24 September, 2015
Leaders from the SPAEC Colleges will gather at the Christian Leaders’ Training College (CLTC) in Banz in the highlands of Papua New Guinea from 21-24 September 2015 to listen, speak, learn, write and pray as we further develop our commitment to work together in theological education throughout the nations of the South Pacific.
This year is the 50th Anniversary of the founding of CLTC, an important time to look back at the history of theological education in the Pacific, explore current challenges, and confront significant future challenges as we seek to partner in the gospel throughout Pacific nations.
Rev Dr William Longgar, Principal of CLTC will be our keynote speaker, along with leaders from Papua New Guinea, Aotearoa New Zealand, Australia and other Pacific nations who will make significant contributions.
The conference Registration form is now available on the SPAEC website.
Due to accommodation availability at CLTC, the maximum number of attendees from SPAEC Colleges is 25. Register early so as not to miss out.
Click here to register.
- Christian Leaders’ Training College, Banz, Papua New Guinea
- P.O. Box 382, W.H.P., Papua New Guinea
- Phone: (675) 276 5028
- Fax: (675) 276 5029
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.cltc.ac.pg
- The cost for those paying in Australian dollars will be AUD$350 which should be paid online to:-
The Christian Leaders’ Training College (CLTC)
Westpac Lilydale, Victoria
BSB 033107 Account No. 231483
Please record SPAEC + your surname.
- The cost for those paying in NZ dollars will be NZD$350 which should be paid online to:-
CLTC – Westpac
Account No 030155 0272166.00
Please record SPAEC + your surname.
- The above costs cover accommodation, meals, use of facilities, cultural events and airport transfers to and from Mt. Hagen to CLTC.
- Should you not reside in Australia or New Zealand, would you please take with you $350 (either in Australian or NZ Currency), and give it to the CLTC staff on your arrival at CLTC.
- Sorry but no Credit Cards can be accepted.
- Each College needs to arrange and pay for flights to and from PNG. Delegates need to arrive in PNG on Sunday 20 September (or earlier), flying into Port Moresby and then to Mount Hagen. CLTC will arrange transport from Mount Hagen to Banz. We recommend that delegates fly out of PNG on Friday 25 September, making connections in Mount Hagen and then Port Moresby to their home destinations.
- Please indicate if you have special medical and dietary needs when you register.
- Accommodation will be in shared rooms at the CLTC Guest House or billeted with College staff in their homes.
- The first meal will be dinner on Sunday 20 September. There will also be a late afternoon/early evening Service to welcome conferees on Sunday 20 September at CLTC.
- The last meal will be breakfast on Friday 25 September.
- The first conference session will commence at 9.00am on Monday 21 September following breakfast.
- Departure will be after breakfast on Friday morning 25 September.
- CLTC is in a malaria prone zone. Take local medical advice on health requirements before travelling to the conference.
- You may find it helpful to bring insect repellent, hat, umbrella or the like.
- For further general information concerning PNG or CLTC, contact John Hunter at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you require further information from the SPAEC Committee, email Esther Sila’ila’i (Rod Thompson’s PA) at the following email address: email@example.com
|9:00 am||Bible and Prayer
|Bible and Prayer||Bible and Prayer||Bible and Prayer|
|9:30 am||William Longgar/Rod Thompson
Setting the agenda – Vision and Action
The Present – What are the challenges?
The Future – What are the opportunities?
|SPAEC: Where to from here?|
|10:30 am||Morning Tea||Morning Tea||Morning Tea||Morning Tea|
|11:00 am||William Longgar/John Hitchen
The Past – What have we learnt?
|Workshops and Discussion
(including Principals’ Group Meeting)
|Workshops and Discussion||Bible and Prayer Farewells|
|2:00 pm||Conference Outing – to areas around CLTC, Banz, and Mt Hagen||Workshops and Discussion||The Future – What are the opportunities? (continued)||Visiting another PNG ministry in the vicinity of CLTC|
|3:30 pm||Afternoon Tea||Afternoon Tea||Afternoon Tea|
|4:00 pm||SPAEC Meeting||Workshops and Discussion||Free time|
|7:30 pm||Cultural Evening – organised by the students of CLTC||SPAEC Colleges Sharing||An evening with key PNG leader||Relaxing evening|